June 27th, 2019 | Amy Smith,
Feel free to bring your Festival Fashion A-game to Bluesapalooza, but don’t forget that Mammoth Lakes (and The Woods, especially) are a little more intense than your average fest venue. With that in mind, here are our survival tips:
- Wear closed-toed shoes! The Woods at Mammoth Lakes is outdoors amongst the pines.
- Protect yourself from the sun. The thin air means more UV rays, so wear a hat and sunglasses, and be sure to apply SPF.
- Drink lots of water. 8000′ of altitude takes some adjustment, and it’s easy to get dehydrated even when you’re not tasting beer from 85+ craft breweries.
- The early-August days are warm, but the nights get chilly! Bring a sweatshirt for the evenings or in case of rain.
- Bring a blanket or low-back beach chairs for the concerts. If you can roll a basketball under the seat of your chair, it’s too high.
- If you like getting up close and personal with the Bluesapalooza Main Stage, protect those eardrums.
- Most importantly, have fun and bring your friends!
Sources: sunglasses, beaded brooch, sunscreen, Infinite Music enamel pin, stainless steel water bottle, backpack, sweatshirt, espadrilles, outdoor blanket, earplugs.