April 12th, 2016 | admin,
Feel free to bring your Festival Fashion A-game to Bluesapalooza, but don’t forget that Mammoth Lakes (and Sam’s Woodsite, especially) are a little more intense than your average fest venue. With that in mind, here are our survival tips:
- Wear closed-toed shoes! Sam’s Woodsite is a wooded lot amongst the pines.
- Protect yourself from the sun. The thin air means more UV rays, so wear a hat and sunglasses, and be sure to apply SPF.
- Drink lots of water. 8000′ of altitude takes some adjustment, and it’s easy to get dehydrated even when you’re not tasting beer from 100+ craft breweries.
- The early-August days are warm, but the nights get chilly! Bring a sweatshirt for the evenings or in case of rain.
- Bring a blanket or low-back beach chairs for the concerts. If you can roll a basketball under the seat of your chair, it’s too high.
- Most importantly, have fun and bring your friends!
Sources: sunglasses, bear tooth stud earrings, sunscreen, pretzel enamel pin, stainless steel water bottle, backpack, oversize sweatshirt, espadrilles, outdoor blanket.